How To: Pair Your Stages Power Meter Using ANT+
TrainerRoad will collect and display power data from all models of Stages Cycling power meters using either ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart (4.0). Learn more about ANT+ connectivity. Or, learn more about Bluetooth Smart connectivity.
How to Pair Your Stages with TrainerRoad (Mobile)
1. Navigate to the Devices tab and make sure ANT+ is turned on.
2. Wake up the Stages by pedaling. After tapping on the Power Meter, note the green border showing it as 'paired'.
3. Tap on it once more to open the Device Settings screen.
4. Tap calibrate with the crank arms vertical at 12:00 and 6:00.
Pairing your Stages (Desktop)
1. Open the TrainerRoad app and go to the Devices tab
You will see this screen:
2. Hover over your Power Meter and click to begin pairing. Once pairing is complete, the PM will be bordered in green.
3. Once pairing, you can click on the PM again to open the Device Settings menu. From here you can calibrate the PM.
You're now ready to ride!
How to Pair Your Stages with TrainerRoad (Legacy)
1. Open the TrainerRoad application and go to the Devices tab.
2. Click the "Pair" button that corresponds with Power Meter.
3. Wait for your Stages to pair with TrainerRoad
"Searching for device" will be displayed until TrainerRoad finds your power meter.
4. Your Stages is Now Paired
The pairing box will turn green once your Stages is paired with TrainerRoad. You'll be able to view power, cadence, the Stages' signal strength, hours since your battery has been replaced, and a button to manually zero your power meter.
5. Manually Zero Your Stages
Manually zeroing your power meter is akin to zeroing a scale before measuring your weight. Hit the Manual Zero button to complete this process. Although this step isn't required to start a workout, we recommend zeroing your Stages before each ride.