Syncing TrainerRoad workouts with your Strava account is easy! Our Ride Sync feature allows you to automatically upload all completed TR workouts to your Strava account, and automatically adds all completed Strava cycling workouts to TrainerRoad. Read on to find out how!
Note: TrainerRoad workouts automatically synced to Strava display as 'Indoor Cycling' activities.
How to Automatically Sync All of your TrainerRoad and Strava Rides
You'll need to set up your Ride Sync preferences via your Online Profile.
1. Log into your TR account online, and access your Account Profile page.
2. Select "Ride Sync" from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Click "Connect With Strava".
4. Enter your Strava login credentials.
5. Authorize TR to connect with your Strava account.
Problems Connecting to Strava
Recently Strava changed their data permissions. For apps like TrainerRoad to interact with Strava, makes sure you've allowed access to "Health-Related Data" in Strava.
1. Log into your Strava account online, and access your Settings page.
2. Select "Data Permissions" from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. If not turned on, click "Allow Access". A green checkmark will appear.
4. Follow the steps above to re-sync your Strava account to TrainerRoad.
How TrainerRoad Workouts Display in Strava
TrainerRoad workouts automatically synced to Strava are tagged as 'Indoor Cycling' activities. Workout tags help athletes differentiate between their indoor and outdoor riding.
Learn more about how workouts are tagged in Strava here: How TrainerRoad Workouts are Tagged in Strava