Cyclists often have events that happen on a regular basis such as a weekly race series or other life events. Repeating workouts allow you to quickly plan these events out as far as you'd like in the future in just a few steps.
Adding a Repeating Workout
To add a repeating workout, add a workout as you normally would by clicking the "+" button at the bottom of the screen or on the day you'd like to start from.
Once you select a TrainerRoad workout or other activity you'd like to add, use the "Repeating" dropdown to make your workout repeat. Options include daily, weekly, monthly, and custom.
Once you add a repeating workout, it will be added to your calendar.
Custom Repeating allows for the most flexibility in adding a repeating workout. Some common reasons to use Custom Repeating are as follows:
- Repeat a workout multiple days a week. Maybe you do strength work every Tuesday and Thursday of the week.
- Repeat a workout every X number of weeks. Perhaps this is your test workout, which you like to do every third Thursday.
- End a repeated workout series on December 31. You might want to start a new schedule for the new year and want to change any repeating workouts after that.
To create a Custom Repeating workout, follow the steps to create a standard Repeating Workout, but select "Custom" in the Repeating Workout dropdown. You can then customize just about everything with the workout!
Editing a Repeating Workout
Once a repeating workout is created, you can change it by selecting any workout in the series of repeating workouts.
You will be given the option to Edit this event only, or all future events in the series.
- Editing this activity only will remove the activity from the repeating series. It will now be its own activity. If you edit the repeat settings, a new series will be created altogether with this activity as the start of the series.
- Editing all future activities will update all other workouts and will update the schedule going forward (if you choose to adjust it).
A Note on Push/Pull/Copy/Clear Weeks
While Repeating Workouts will be included in any pushing or pulling of weeks, the series itself will remain unchanged. This means repeating activities included in one of the above functions will be detached from the series and new (non-repeating) activities will be created.