Syncing TrainerRoad workouts with your Garmin Connect account is easy! Our Ride Sync feature allows you to automatically upload all completed TR workouts to your Garmin Connect account, and automatically adds all completed Garmin Connect cycling workouts to TrainerRoad. Read on to find out how!
Important to Know Before Syncing
- TrainerRoad can only access your previous 30 days of workout activity from Garmin Connect. Your past TrainerRoad rides will also not be synced. Once Garmin Connect is connected, all your future completed rides will automatically sync to both accounts.
- If you have not set your timezone in Garmin Connect, your ride will show up under the default UTC date/time. You can manually edit the date/time in Garmin Connect by selecting Account Settings >Display Preferences >Upload Time Zone Setting.
- If you’ve been offline for a week or more and you have a bunch of completed rides queued up, there’s a chance some rides may not sync over to Garmin. This is because we’re limited to sending 10 workouts/day per user.
Note: You must upload a new workout activity to Garmin Connect in order for your previous 30 days of workout activity from Garmin Connect to sync to TrainerRoad.
How to Automatically Sync All of your TrainerRoad and Garmin Connect Rides
1. Log into TrainerRoad to access your Account Profile.
2. Select “Ride Sync” from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Click the option to “Connect with Garmin.”
4. Authorize TrainerRoad to access your Garmin Connect account by selecting “Agree & Connect.”
5. In Garmin Connect, authorize TrainerRoad to access your Garmin Connect account and data.
Manually Uploading Individual Workouts to Garmin Connect
You can also manually add completed TrainerRoad rides to Garmin Connect. All you need to do is download your workout in a .fit file — the file type required to upload rides to Garmin Connect.
Here's how you do it.
Obtaining the .fit Workout File
There are two ways to download your TrainerRoad workout to upload to Garmin Connect:
On the online Ride page, click the green "download" button in the upper right-hand corner. You'll use this to download your ride's .fit file.
2. TrainerRoad Application
Click on the Career tab, click on your workout, then click "Download".
Upload to Garmin Connect
3. Next, log into Garmin Connect and select the "+" symbol.
4. From here, select "Browse" to search for your .fit file.
5. After you upload the file you'll be able to view the ride in Garmin Connect.